Perfect Pooch is looking to hire a qualified Dog Handler that is dependable and energetic to assist our staff in the dog exercise yards and inside the kennel here at our facility. The Dog Handler must love dogs of all shapes and sizes as well as currently own or have owned a dog in the past. The Dog Handler will be responsible for supervising groups of canines on a regular basis in Perfect Pooch’s kennel and walking dogs throughout the facility. Prior work experience in a vet clinic, kennel or other animal care is a plus but not required. To be successful as a Dog Handler at Perfect Pooch, you should be friendly, patient and have a basic knowledge of breed standards for dogs of all shapes and sizes. Dog Handler Responsibilities:
- Ability to manage temperamental dogs while bathing or walking.
- Basic dog handling and training skills including voice commands, positive reinforcement techniques and basic obedience skills.
- Basic understanding of dog's body language and behavior.
- Knowledge of basic grooming techniques like brushing out long hair or cleaning ears.
- Maintain cleanliness throughout the facility’s kennels.
- Walking dogs throughout the facility.
- Supervising dogs during assigned exercise and play times.
- Ability to recognize common health problems like subtle changes in behavior or a disruption in a dog’s eating pattern.
- Applicants should be prepared to work year-round with flexibility to work on weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and be comfortable working on your feet for extended periods of time.
- Applicants should expect to work hard with potential for a 40-hour work week spanning major holidays and weekends.
- The ability to handle different breeds and sizes of dogs.
- A passion and love for dogs.